Monday, October 6, 2014

Hometown of My Heart . . . and Belly


Happy Monday, my friends!  I took this quickie iPhone shot of Portland's Back Cove over the weekend, and I thought I'd share it with you this morning.  That's the old B&M Baked Beans Factory in the distance, where they still make those cans of brown navy beans that I grew up eating for Saturday supper and, honestly, still love heated up with a little mustard & molasses on a slice of whole wheat toast.    

From baked beans to lobster bakes, our little city has always done comfort food right, but in recent years, Portland (that's Portland, Maine, not Portland, Oregon) has made a name for itself as one of the top foodie destinations in the country.  A friend has inspired me to write a post about Portland's  incredible restaurant scene, so I'm working on one that should be up very soon.

In the meantime, here's a link to get your mouth watering.  And another.  And dessert.  

xo Gigi 

6 comments:

  1. Breathtaking.....

    And I do love pink... :-)

    Tessa~
    "Here there be musing" blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tessa! I couldn't believe how rosy pink the sky was that night.

      Delete
  2. Living in the other Portland, I can say we have incredible food too; however, there isn't the baked bean tradition of your Portland. My husband would be thrilled to be near the baked beans for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to visit your Portland someday to try all the amazing food and see the sights. It's way up at the top of my list of places to visit in the U.S.!

      Delete
  3. I totally love your shot of the Back Cove! What lovely lighting you have captured

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanne! I feel like it's easy to capture the beauty of Back Cove in almost any light. Such a beautiful spot. xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you.