Monday, March 30, 2015

Just Do it Yourself, Magpie Girl!

I have wanted a beaded wrap bracelet for ages, but I just can't bring myself to pay the prices I see in stores and online. A Chan Luu one at Garnet Hill costs $168!  That's a bit much for a bracelet that probably won't last forever, I think. 

So, I finally just made one over the weekend, and guess what?!  It was incredibly easy. I was standing in the artsy craftsy store, oohing and ahhing over the pretty beads--the way we magpies tend to--and on a whim I looked up a couple of wrap bracelet tutorials on my phone. Turns out there are about a million of these tutorials online, so I won't give any instructions here.  I looked up "Chan Luu bracelet" on Pinterest, or you could Google the instructions, if you feel like making one (or 100--I think it would be easy to get addicted to making these).  

I spent about 20 bucks on beads and cording (I still have plenty left to make a second bracelet), and then settled in at home to craft for a couple of hours. Easy peasy. This one wraps around my wrist three times, and I attached a mother-of-pearl button I had in my button jar to keep it closed. 

Just thought I'd share this wee bit of magpie inspiration today. It couldn't have been easier once I got started, and I always like saving pennies while fulfilling my desire for sparkly things. 

Hope you all have a beautiful week, my friends!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful ... I'd love to see this on your wrist ... and good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! I'll take a shot and add it to this post and/or my Instagram page. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your sparkly bracelet and the creativity. The button closure is so special too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really lovely...the colors you choose are just so pretty...I'm not to crafty myself but I might give this one a try...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you.