Saturday, July 3, 2010

Paella on Peaks Island, Posies, and a Peek


There is much to tell.  Some of it will have to wait, even though I am bursting at the seams.  First, let me say how much I miss you.  Soon I will be free to come for visits and reads and chats.  For now, I'm keeping up when and where I can.  

One nice piece of good fortune is that we are back on the island where we lived for four months last fall.  We're just here for a week, but a blissful one spent at the home of friends.  The paella above was made by our friend Ed the first night we were here.  It was the best paella I've ever tasted.  I suspect that part of the pleasure stemmed from Ed's considerable culinary skills and part from the fact that we were eating it here on the island.  I would be sad that we are only staying here for a week were it not for the fact that . . .

. . . soon we will be living just a 15-minute ferry ride from here.  Very soon.  More details on that coming shortly, but for now, a peek above at some lovely posies I picked today while gardening at our friends' home, and a peek below at our new neighborhood.  Yes, that's Mr. Magpie looking in the windows.  
And finally, a quote that has been our guiding force of late: 

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinion of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth.
~Katherine Mansfield


Hope you are well.  Island photos to come in the next day or so!  To my US friends, have a happy and safe 4th of July!



8 comments:

  1. Hi Gigi! Gorgeous photos as usual! And that paella looks yummy. I can't wait to hear more about the new place you are moving to! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, Gigi! Looks like happy times ahead for you. And yes, sometimes we really do need to just go for it.

    Gorgeous photos! And it looks like a beautiful place you are moving to, and with friends nearby, even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, see? I should have read this one first and saved myself the worry, though it was brief. I am so excited for your good news!! Can't wait to hear more. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lovely! Enjoy this island life, and looking forward to photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo glad to hear you have found a place to land. This looks ideal! Enjoy your holiday.

    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you sound happy and upbeat and bursting with exclamatory change! And what a lovely place you're moving to. Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like someone is moving to Portland!...It IS a wonderful adventure:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmmmmm... I had to pause and absorb that quote. Those are words I so need to live by as I pave a way for myself through this life.

    And life looks good for you as well. That little town looks so picturesque! I think I could happily move in as well. Small oceanside towns were meant for creative souls like you. I wish you the best of luck and ease with this move.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you.