Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Brick Store

Perhaps I've inherited a few of my magpie tendencies from my mother.  The collage above is made from photos I took over the weekend at the antiques shop she co-owns with my Aunt Jan and their friend Barbara.  Well, one shot, the glass candlesticks, was taken at my mum's house, but the rest are from the shop, and they give just a small taste of how lovely the place is.  If you find yourself in Maine this summer, you may want to stop in and visit Barbara, Jan, and Polly at Brick Store Antiques in Bath.  
Bath itself is a treasure trove of antiques shops, plus there are some lovely places to eat or people watch (or both).  Among my favorites are Solo Bistro Bistro, Beal Street BBQ, Mae's, and Cafe Creme.  I also love shopping for clothes and gifts in Bath, and if you ever need a kitchen gadget, they've got just the shop for that, too.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures, hey I bet those girls have fun together! Sounds so nice to have a shop with friends, and an antique one at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful blog. thanks for visiting OSH!! Maine is my favorite state in the country. I'm from Maryland but lived for a while in New England. Gorgeous. I think I'd like to grow old in Maine with a barn with an ocean view and too many dogs to count....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mama's store! I was hoping you would do a post about this since you mentioned it in the last one. One day, we will visit Maine and Brick Store...beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you are making me want to travel to Maine. With lots of money for shopping. Wanna come with me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just return home from the fireworks which were spectacular this year .... the sky was cloudless and we had a lovely view right at water's edge on the Kennebec River with tidal water nearly lapping our feet.
    And when did you take such sweet pictures at the shop?! Thank you! Mum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely place to visit - such a shame it's so far from Australia. Thanks for visiting Brabourne Farm - love to read your comments! Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. by the way, saw so many magpies out west and fell in love with them. great blog name and banner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a shop...such gorgeous treasures! I wish I weren't so far away! Happy Day, Gigi :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, such deliciousness! Am putting it on my list for my next visit to Bath!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you.