Saturday, May 16, 2015

Vintage Spring


Hello, chickadees!  Just stopping in to share some spring blossoms.  The crabapple is blooming in the front yard, and the lilacs and azaleas have just joined in, too.  Next up will be the viburnums and rhodies, and then the weigelas, mock oranges, and bridal veil spirea will follow not long after that.  

Life is a rush of activity this spring, but we did take one day to hit Brimfield Flea Market with our friend Kazeem, from Portland Trading Co.  I'll have some photos and finds to share soon!


My photo above was featured by DistressedFX on their Instagram feed and Facebook page this week.  If you haven't tried this app, I recommend it for photos that you want to really manipulate and push in exciting directions.  I use this app as well as Stackables to create moody effects for some of my iPhone photos.  I think I ended up using both apps on the top photo of the crabapple blossoms.  Before I used the textures, though, I upped the exposure and desaturated the photo a bit.  The background of that photo is my picnic table, which most people would think really needs a paint job, but I use it a lot for photos, so it will stay shabby chic a while longer.  ;)  

For photos I take with my big girl camera, I often use fewer textures and stick to subtler processing techniques in Lightroom.  I do some of that processing from scratch or with my own presets, but I also use presets by other folks, including this exciting new set from Kim Klassen.  Presets provide me with so much flexibility, and they give me ideas for creating several moods with one shot.  If you've never tried them before, take a peek at Kim's collection.  I think you will love it.

Vintage finds from Brimfield in the next post!  I have some exciting things to show you.  

Happy weekend, my friends! 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers and edits ! Congrats on the feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course this was featured! So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos and edits are lovely. Can't wait to hear about the flea-market finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Loree! I can't wait to share them with you. :)

      Delete
  4. Love these, especially the textures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment and for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. These are so lovely. Great blog. Visiting from Kim's The Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing I was close enough to visit Brimfield. We went once while on vacation and it got rained out by noon. I shopped very fast. Your images are beautiful. Most of the textures I have in my file are from Kim when she was giving them away free.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you.